Xzienne- Thomas Alexander (Moore)

Writer, singer, general mad man and unplugged source of vitriol

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Double Dactyl

I've recently been introduced to a form of humorous form of poetry known as the Double Dactyl.
There are a lot of very, very funny ones out there on the net, and I suggest you look them up.

These are a few of my own, most made up on the spot.

Wibbly Wobbly
Doctor and Amy, they
Travel around in their
Little box blue.

Constantly finding they’re
Incomprehensibly
In situations where
Dangers ensue

Hankety Pankety
Havelock Vetinari
Stares down at his city
From high up above

Down in the avenues
Unilaterally
Ankh-Morpork urchins shout
"Give him a shove!"

Sappity Soppity
Me and my MacBook have
Spent the last hour or two
Making up rhyme

Seemingly nonsense and
Metasyntactically
Devoid of a consequence
Losing that time

Well, it was an appreciative effort, and I might come back to them. But for now, enjoy, and find some of the much better ones out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment