Xzienne- Thomas Alexander (Moore)

Writer, singer, general mad man and unplugged source of vitriol

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Darker Poetry

Course, not all of it's fun and games. I have a tendency, when writing poetry, to stray more towards the darker aspects. I hate reading it, but it's soothing to write.

Empty

What less of me could face this world today?


Insufferably tedious to bear,


My interest in the struggles often stray

Away from those I love. I sit. I stare.



I rage within this prison ennui built

And hope to snatch a glimpse beyond the wall

But no, I cannot seem to shift the guilt

Rather sleep; just shut out it all.



But still there seems this little spark of light

Betraying an inferno raging hidden

At any moment; sudden fight or flight

And strangest yet a coldness, still unbidden



What causes one to spurn a recent friend,

With nothing but silence? A sad way to end.



On Denial of Love

Fear not any sharpness of my tongue

Nor such apparent calumny of thought

For love in life a yearning to be sung

Despite the chains that keep it being wrought

I’ve no desire to keep you from my breast

Nor any wish to shy away a kiss

But only a belief in what is best

Will hold me from elucidating this;

My eternal inner conflict rages

Knowledge of a future full of pain

All thought confirms this discord lasting ages

While hopes of love sweep fleeting like the rain

So worry not this dawn may never rise

For only towards myself do I despise.

No comments:

Post a Comment